Honda Civic Service and Repair in Stockton, CA
The Honda Civic is one of the most popular cars in America. At Toole’s Garage Stockton we offer comprehensive Honda Civic maintenance, diagnostic services, and repairs. From brake pad replacement, to check engine light repairs, to head gasket repair, whatever ails your Honda Civic, our nationally ASE certified technicians can make it better, and get your vehicle back on the road.
Honda Civic was designed for you and me – all people, all over the world. It’s economical, reliable, and gets really good mileage. Over 40 years ago, Honda Civic kept Honda in the car business - its success made possible all the subsequent models, Honda Accord, Honda CR-V, Crosstour, Insight, Honda Pilot and Odyssey – to name some of the popular Honda cars, minivans and SUVs, and yes, Honda Ridgeline pickup truck as well.
Toole’s Garage in San Carlos, our sister shop, has been the Bay Area Honda expert since 1983. Yes, this year is our 40th anniversary working on Hondas. At Toole’s Garage Stockton we continue this tradition, and continue to increase our Honda Civic expertise – yes, after 40 years, we still have new things to learn, as the Honda Civic Hybrid (introduced more than 20 years ago!) continues to evolve and continues to receive new technology. Naturally, working with the high voltage battery and high voltage electrical system demands constant vigilance and following proper safety procedures.
When you bring your Honda Civic to our Stockton auto care facility, you will find friendly service advisors happy to answer your questions, as well as highly skilled technicians equipped with the state-of-the-art digital diagnostic tools who will treat your Civic as if it were our own. You can also anticipate:
- In most cases, same day service
- 36 months / 36,000 miles nationwide warranty
- Original Equipment quality parts
- Nationally ASE certified mechanics working on your Honda
- Free digital vehicle inspection with service or repairs
- Free local shuttle for your convenience
Toole’s Garage Stockton is a family owned and operated modern auto care facility that provides comprehensive Honda maintenance services and repairs. We are conveniently located near downtown Stockton, and our facility is spacious enough that if your vehicle has to stay with us overnight, it will be safely stored inside the garage. Naturally, if you need to drop off your car, we will provide you with a free local shuttle ride.
Toole’s Garage Suggested Factory Service Schedule for Honda Civic
- Engine Oil Change and Engine Oil Filter replacement.
- Inspect and test all fluids - fluid condition and fluid level (top off if necessary).
- Check air filter and replace if necessary.
- Perform complete brake inspection and service.
- Tire rotation.
- Check parking brake, adjust if needed.
- Inspect and lubricate hinges and locks.
- Perform digital vehicle inspection including vehicle courtesy check inspection ( inspect steering components, including tie rod ends, boots, steering gear box, inspect brake hoses and lines, check cooling system hoses and connections, check fuel lines, check lights and controls, inspect tire tread depth, overall tire condition and tire age, inspect driveline components, axles, check engine mounts, check exhaust system, inspect vehicle undercarriage, check fuel lines and road test vehicle).
Generally you will want to follow manufacturer recommended service intervals, but here are some good rules-of-thumb for your Honda Civic:
- Check engine oil and coolant reservoir when you get gasoline.
- Replace engine oil and oil filter regularly: for conventional oil, we recommend every 3,750 miles or 6 months. When using synthetic oil, change engine oil every 5,000 miles.
- SRS (Supplemental Restraint System) should be inspected by a qualified technician every 10 years after production.
- Brakes should be inspected and serviced every 7,500 miles or 12 months.
- Tire rotation every 7,500 miles
And here is the list of items that you can check yourself, and appropriate intervals:
- Lights – we suggest checking once a month operation of the brake lights (including high-mount brake light), turn signal lights, headlights, parking lights, taillights, the license plate lights as well.
- Windshield washer fluid – if you use washers frequently, top off whenever you stop for gasoline, otherwise, check monthly.
- Engine oil level - check every time you stop for gasoline.
- Tires - if your vehicle does not have TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensor), check tire pressure every month. Once a month check tires for the tread wear and for foreign objects.
- Engine coolant level – we recommend checking the radiator reserve tank every time you check engine oil level.
Your Honda Civic is a remarkable feat of engineering, and if properly maintained, it should serve you well for hundreds of thousands of miles. So next time your Civic needs service, diagnostic, or repairs, think of Toole’s Garage in Stockton – our friendly staff will take great care of you and your Honda. You can make appointment online, on our website, or call the shop directly, and we will be happy to make an appointment for you.